In this post I will tell you about the honey masks and its benefits!
Honey is a great moisturizer, strenghtener and cleanser for your hair. Here are some points I found about honey (cited from Stylecraze):
- Honey is an emollient which means it seals moisture in your hair, keeping it conditioned. This reduces breakage, which is often a cause for slower hair growth.
- It has rich antioxidant properties which prevent damage, keeping your scalp and hair healthy.
- Honey strengthens the hair follicles, curbing hair fall.
- Honey also comprises antibacterial and antiseptic qualities. This prevents scalp infections and soothes issues like dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis, allowing for unhindered hair growth.
- Honey cleans the hair follicles by getting rid of impurities. This minimized clogging is often a reason for hair loss.
- Using honey as a hair care ingredient not only boosts hair growth but also stimulates hair re-growth from dormant follicles.
Sounds good, right! You can either mix honey into other masks, but the honey rinse is an absolute favourite of mine.
The recipe is very simple. Necessities:
– 1 teaspoon of honey (preferred organic)
– 1 cup warm water (not hot!)
Mix the honey with the warm water. Stir it until the honey is dissolved. You can put it in a handy bottle to take it into the shower, but I just took the cup with me.
After washing your hair (either waterwashing or No/Low ‘Poo), pour the mixture over your hair. Try to avoid pouring it on your scalp! Let it sit for about 5 minutes and then rinse it out with warm water. End with a cold rinse.
This is the picture I posted in the Instagram stories after the honey mask. As you can see it cleansed and moisturised my hair!
I hope the mask also works for you!